April 27, 2012

costumes, costumes! //recital\\

/ Image credit here This of course is not my costume. \
Ah, the long-awaited dance recital costumes are here! I'm so happy.
If you don't know already, I take ballet, jazz, and modern.

I have memorized all of my recital dances except for my jazz one. Lets just say that I don't have the best memory in the world...but, I'm really nervous. I just haven't memorized my jazz dance in it's entirety! I don't really think it's my fault though, because my jazz teacher hasn't even finished choreographing our dance. My modern and ballet dances were finished weeks ago. But no, of course we haven't even finished jazz yet.

We had to show our jazz dance to the advanced jazz class because our classes run at the same time. Their dance was amazing. Ours was incomplete. 5 minutes before we had to preform it in front of them, our jazz teacher told us to just do some combination from a previous dance. Previous as in a dance we did in September.

Yeah, well, preforming in front of the advanced jazz class was a disaster.
Not very fun. At all.
I was embarrassed.

Our jazz teacher says we'll finish up our recital piece with some fouetté turns and leaps. Kinda yay-ish? 
Click here if you want to watch some 7 year old girl do 32 fouetté turns!


I'm excited for the leaps. Leaps are my strong point. Fouetté turns...not so much.






/ Image credit here This is a pretty irrelevant picture. But it's just so beautiful.


I love my ballet costume. It's just so pretty. In the catalog cut-out, the model wore a little crown on her head. I kinda wish we got to wear a crown, because then we would all really feel like princesses. Oh well.


While I was wearing my ballet costume, Ms.Pear complimented me. She said "Oh look how beautiful." Hearing that from her, well, my smile rose to my ears. Ms.Pear is a strict ballet teacher, but she is kind hearted. 


My modern costume actually looks better in person than it did it photograph. Yippee. 
It reminds me of the ocean with it's different shades of blues and hints of white. 


Just a few more weeks until recital.


This will be my first recital at this new dance school! 


This year went by super fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment