April 9, 2012

end of the year recital




Let me tell you a story (or rather, copy and paste this from my old blog)...
I'm Caity and dance is one of the biggest parts of my life. I hope to continue my appreciation of dance throughout my entire life, no matter what career I pursue. I started dancing around age 4 in a ballet/jazz/tap workshop class. As time went on I stated to take the styles in separate classes and experimented with hip hop. At age 10 I started ballet after a substitute dance instructor suggested seeing I had some sort of potential. That class I had some strange, random sense to point my toes a lot and to dance with poise. I truly believe that is the reason for the teacher suggesting I being ballet. I took ballet for the next three years. At the end of the 3rd year, my mother and I came up to a decision: this dance studio was not right for me. They were more recreational and did not stress technique or anything much at all. It seemed like most of the girls in my ballet class (which was very few) were only there because of their parent, or because they needed to be in that class to be able to have a solo. No one wanted to admit that they loved (or even liked) ballet. And most importantly, their one and only ballet teacher was practically paralyzed and could barely move. Not very suited to teach beginners ballet.

And so that following summer, right after the yearly recital ended and classes were over and done with, my mother and I started our search for a new dance school. A close friend of mine suggested a certain dance school relatively close by. I signed up and took their summer classes. It was refreshing. I started fall classes taking ballet (FINALLY GETTING ON POINTE!!!!! Exclamation necessary), jazz, and modern. At this new school we DANCE, take advantage of Opportunities and perform. But most importantly, in these few months that I've been here, I've learned more than I had all 3 years at the old dance studio. I'm continually developing better technique, more grace, flexibility, and oh so much more.

Now that that has been sorted out, I'd like to inform you that the end of the year recital is coming up. It's at the beginning of June...2 MONTHS!

I'm terribly nervous.
I don't want to let down...(what shall I call her, I need some sort of code name for the owner of the dance studio I go to, the lady who is also my ballet teacher...ah, I'll call her Ms.Pear).

So, I don't want to let down Ms.Pear. How could I let down Ms.Pear?
Well, since I'm still sorta new to the dance school, I feel like I'm not fully one of them yet, like I need to prove that I am. I'm afraid I'll mess up on stage or worse not even make it to the recital for whatever reason?

I need more confidence before June.
Gaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment