December 23, 2011

Dream Companies

[ From the Ballerina Project ]


Lately I've been thinking about which dance companies I'd love to dance with someday. In an article in Pointe Magazine, I found a few interesting companies and I checked out their websites. I couldn't help but notice that there weren't many summer intensives for modern/contemporary, my favorite style of dance. It seems like there are so many ballet intensives, but maybe I just need to look some more, after all this search of mine has only been on for a few hours. But, here are my current dream dance companies.

(In no specific order)

Collective Body Dance Lab- after watching some excerpts from their duos I found myself interested in finding out more. I love the artsy style of their dancing.

Armitage Gone! Dance- I really enjoyed watching excerpt from Three Theories, one of their repertoires. Edgy ballet especially en pointe is awesome.

Cedar Lake- yes, the one from the The Adjustment Bureau, that's one of the main reasons why this company is on my list. I loved, loved, loved their work during the movie, contemporary ballet is so beautiful.


As you can see, this list is pretty short so far, but it's a work in progress. I'd like to add more as time goes by. Any suggestions are welcomed!

What are your dream dance companies? What makes you choose a certain company?

No comments:

Post a Comment